Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I haven’t been sewing

I’ve been busy.  Really, truly busy.  And boy, do I feel accomplished!

Bottled food

Bottled food 2

This is what happens when I get a big ‘ol box of apples from my parents apple orchard.  We hadn’t eaten fresh off the tree apples in years.  We sure enjoyed them.  Yum Yum Yum.  We also got our frozen berry order in. 

Bottled food 3

So, Once I was bottling, I found it hard to stop. There is:

Blueberry Pie Filling, Raspberry Pie Filling, Cinnamon Apples, Sliced Apples

Apple Jelly, Apple Mint Jelly, Pepper Jelly and Apple Butter

I’m not done yet either!  I still have a box of frozen blueberries in the freezer and I would really like to add salsa and bread and butter pickles.  (Can I just tell you that in two days we have already eaten through our first jars of apple butter, apple jelly and pepper jelly!  My kids LOVE it all.)

Did I mention that I’m feeling all kinds of accomplished?

Stormy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! I came across your blog when I was looking at Steffanie's - love all the stuff you two do!

    You should feel all kinds of accomplished - we love strawberry freezer jam, and it's supposed to be the easiest stuff to make and bottle, but by the time I'm finished, I'm pooped! Where do you get your energy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Way to go Shannon! I've been drying everything in site this year.. but that makes my bottle count very low, so it looks NOTHING like your haul! But it also takes up less space to store.. and space is something I don't have a lot of..
    Oh... and I have serious blueberry envy! Have you seen what blueberry prices are at the grocery store this year? scary!

    ReplyDelete