Last January I started a PSIQUILT postage stamp quilt-along. I was super careful and pinned every single corner. The finished top was awesome. I’d never had so many corners match up so perfectly. I decided I wanted to quilt it diagonally through all the squares. But if I did that, I would have to pin together the quilt sandwich and quilt it with my regular sewing machine. (Sewing straight stitches on my quilting machine is next to impossible.) I don’t like to pin/baste quilts. At all. So, my beautiful quilt sat there folded up in the corner for a year while I pieced and quilted about 12 other quilts. Last week, I decided I was tired of looking at my poor sad quilt top. The only way it was going to get finished was to put it on my quilt machine. So, I quilted a large flower pattern on it instead. It turned out beautifully! And…. it’s finished. Yeah! It’s currently folded across the bottom of my bed so I can admire it all the time.
This is also the first large quilt I hand stitched the binding on. I’ve always been so impatient to get my quilts finished, I machine sew it on. But, I like the professional look of the hand stitching. So, I think that’s what I will stick with. (Even though it took me four hours! Maybe my time will improve with practice.)