Saturday, May 9, 2015

Butterscotch and Rose Quilt

I’m super excited to be posting about this quilt.  The pattern is called “Dream Big” from Camille Roskelley’s book “Simplify”.   The fabric is “Butterscotch and Rose” by Fig Tree Co.  I cut the fabric out three or four years ago, but because of little feet running in and out of my sewing room across my ‘design floor’, I never managed to sew it together.  Now that the little feet are all in school, my quilt could sit safely on the floor while I pieced it together.

Dream Big Quilt

The problem with sewing projects years after buying the fabric is that you can’t remember which fabric is supposed to go where.  Maybe I’m the only one to have that problem…. I finally figured it out and started second guessing my earlier decisions.  I wasn’t sure if I was happy with the border and binding fabric.  But, after sewing it all together, I loved it!  (I never should have doubted myself!)

Dream Big Quilt

When I was laying out my quilt squares, I realized I was missing three rows of rectangles and would have to shorten the quilt from the original pattern.  I looked everywhere and could not find the missing rectangles…….. until.

Butterscotch and Rose quilt and pillow

I spread out the finished quilt across my bed and wallah! I had a matching pillow! How did that happen? Somehow I must have thought the rectangles were extras and used them to make my pillow.  Even though the pillow has been on my bed for years, I still didn’t realize.  I’m such as space cadet these days.  But, it all worked out in the end. Yeah!

Stormy

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful Stormy, I LOVE fig tree. I laughed about your cushion, I have done that before to,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it has something to do with lots of kids and missing brain cells! ;)

      Delete
  2. bless you, 5 kiddos! I just see too many patterns and lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing this quilt, love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete