Friday, June 26, 2015

Niner Quilt Finish

Years ago I saw a quilt at an antique quilt show I fell in love with.  It was called ‘Nine Patch Cross’.  I planned on writing my own quilt pattern so I could make a copy of the antique quilt.  A few months later Camille from Thimble Blossoms released a pattern very similar to the one I was working on! Instead of finishing my pattern I bought hers and waited for the right fabric line to come along.

Antique 9 patch quilt

I fell in love with ‘April Showers’ by Bonnie and Camille and bought the fabric to make my quilt.

Nine Patch Quilt

It took me a while to get started, but once I did it went together fairly quickly.

Niner Quilt Closeup

I tried a new quilting pattern that I really like. I’ll definitely be using it on other quilts.

Niner Quilting Pattern

And of course, I had to use striped binding….

Niner Quilt Binding

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. Love the pattern, the fabric and the quilting! I especially love the binding!

    ReplyDelete