Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sew she did

Anyone who knows me, knows I would rather quilt than sew clothing.  As I have been sewing more and more for my girls (especially modest skirts for my oldest girls), I started thinking about all the clothing my  mom made my sisters and me.  I loved watching my mom working away on her sewing machine with yards of fabric to make matching dresses for the four girls.  (Not as much was made for my two brothers.  Sorry guys!)  She made us Easter dresses, summer dresses, Christmas jammies and outfits, play clothes,  stuffed animals and doll clothes.  The list goes on and on.  It was so much cheaper to sew than to buy.  So, sew she did.  I thought I would share a few of my favorite outfits of years gone by. 

Don’t you just love my mom’s dress?  (That’s me on the left, Steffanie on the right and Shellie in the pink.)

The year of the gaucho pants.  Aren’t they great?!!  You can tell my oldest sister Stacie just loves hers! Lol

I love this one.  We were all so proud of our fancy new clothes! 

Anyway, thanks Mom for all the years of sewing!!  Hopefully my girls will sew for their girls one day too.

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. Wow... flashback! I remember those Goucho pants! Don't you wish we still had some of those dresses she used to make?
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete