Friday, October 19, 2012

Star Sampler Quilt Along–Block 12

It’s the last block!  I’m super excited to show you this one.  As I was searching through my archives of star blocks, I just couldn’t find what I wanted.  So, I decided to design my own.  I know that somewhere out there, somebody has probably made this block (it’s not that complicated), but I sure couldn’t find it.  So, I’m introducing it as Stormy’s Star!  Let me know if you know it by another name.

Star Sampler Quilt A Long

CUTTING AND FABRIC

Stormys Star Fabric

Fabric 1 – Background – (8) 2 7/8 in squares and (4) 2 1/2 in squares and (2) 1 1/2 x 8 1/2 in rectangles and (2) 1 1/2 x 6 1/2 in rectangles.

Fabric 2 – Yellow Floral – (8) 2 7/8 in squares

Fabric 3 – 11 – Center – (1) 2 1/2 in square of each fabric

STEP 1

Stormys Star Step 1

Draw a diagonal line along the back of all the Fabric 2 – 2 7/8 in square blocks.

STEP 2

Stormys Star Step 2

Stack the Fabric 2 squares RST with the background 2 7/8 in squares.  Sew 1/4 in seam along both sides of the drawn line.

STEP 3

Stormys Star Step 3

Cut the squares along the drawn line.

STEP 4

Stormys Star Step 4

Press open and trim squares to 2 1/2 inches.

STEP 5

Stormys Star Step 5

Lay out quilt block as shown.

STEP 6

Stormys Star Step 6

Sew together top and bottom row, then sew the side blocks together.  Sew the center 9 patch together and add the side 1 1/2 x 6 1/2 strips.  Then sew on the top and bottom 1 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch strip.

STEP 7

Stormys Star Step 7

Sew the side half square triangle strips on.  Press, then sew the top and bottom strips on.  Your finished!  Yeah!  All the blocks are done.  Now for the finishing…..

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment