Friday, November 9, 2012

Finished Shawl

Well, it took a little longer than I expected. (October was busy!)  But, I finally finished my shawl.  It’s so warm and cozy.

Finished Shawl

I woke up this morning and the house was a little cool, so I wrapped it around my shoulders as I was getting the kids out the door.  I think everyone should have a soft cuddly shawl.

Finished Shawl 2

I followed this pattern from redheart.com.  But, I wanted mine longer, so I added 24 more rows. I had to add twelve rows on each end because when I went back to buy another skein of yarn it was slightly darker.  (Yes, that does mean that on one side the twelve rows are upside down.  But, it’s not noticeable unless you look hard and it now has a pretty scallop on both sides.) I love how it turned out though.  It looks like I planned it all along! 

Stats: 2 1/2 skeins of medium weight yarn (7 ounces per skein).  I used the brand “I Love This Yarn” from Hobby Lobby.  It’s a favorite of mine because the yarn is super soft.  Color: light gray.

Next, on to the fingerless gloves! 

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment