Sunday, March 3, 2013

Antique Quilt Show

I live in an area where there aren’t many quilters.  The closest quilt shop is a little over three hours away.  Therefore, I don’t have anywhere to go when I need a fabric fix.  So, when I learned there was going to be an antique quilt show at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Museum, I jumped at the chance go.  The museum has more than 80 quilts in their collection, but sadly only had 35 on display.  But, the quilts I saw were beautiful!  The oldest being more than 150 years old.

Nine Patch Cross

Everything there was hand quilted. 

Star quilts

This Joseph’s Coat was my favorite…

Flower Quilt closeup

Some of the quilts took over 20 years to make. (Like this Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt.)

Grandmothers Flower Garden

They were just what I needed to get back into the quilting mood!

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment