Friday, October 18, 2013

It’s crochet season!

It’s finally starting to cool down here in Texas (mid 70’s is cool right?) and I’m so excited because that means it’s the beginning of ‘cuddling with quilts and afghans’ season.  It doesn’t last long, so I try to make the most of it.  This year I’ve decided to try something new and zig zag!

zig zags afghan closeup

As I stood in front of the yarn section at the craft store, I waited for the colors to call out to me.  These three colors called the loudest….

zig zag afghan

It has taken me about 7 hours to crochet a foot.  I had grand plans and thought I’d go big.  So, it may take me awhile to finish this one, but it’ll be worth it!

In case you are wondering, I got the pattern here at hand crafting with love.

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I know what you mean. It starts getting just a little chilly in the morning and I've already busted out the hot chocolate and oatmeal. :) Love chevron!

    ReplyDelete