Friday, January 10, 2014

Valentine’s / Spring Wreath

I haven’t been in the crafty mood for quite awhile, until this morning.  I woke up and wanted to clean and organize the house and add some cute new decorations.  I’m sure much of that is due to the weather being in the high 60’s here (crazy!) and the Christmas stress that has melted away since I got home from vacation. So, I made a quick trip to the craft store and picked up a few things to revamp my old grapevine wreath.

I didn’t want a Valentine’s Day wreath, I wanted more of a generic wreath to hang on the door through spring.  But, I tend to get bored with the same old décor day after day.  So, I had this great idea to add my holiday décor to the center of the wreath and change it out from holiday to holiday. 

My youngest daughter and I set out all of our wreath knick knacks I bought and we wrapped, cut twisted, and poked until we came up with this…..

It’s just a few floral stems, burlap, and a ‘centerpiece’, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.  Now, I can add a little green for St. Patty’s Day, yellow for Easter, and maybe some dark blue and red for 4th of July!

Happy Crafting!

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment