Thursday, September 25, 2014

Stitchery revisited

Sometimes I like to sit in my sewing room and look through my drawers of sewing ‘scraps’.  There are quilt squares that were never made into quilts, pieces of lace and trim, pillowcase edging from my grandmother and great grandmother, cute little buttons, and many other fun knick knacks to admire.  During my most recent perusal, I came across a stitchery I started years and years ago.  I don’t know why I thought I could possibly finish it, considering I had three children under the age of six at the time.  But, I gave it a try.  I was able to cut all the pieces out, sew them together, trace the pattern and get started on the embroidery.  I don’t know whether I got tired of working on it or if I got sidetracked and forgot about it, but the project never got finished. 

floral framed stitchery

Sometimes it’s hard to go back and finish a project started so long ago because your skills have improved and you know you could do a much better job the second time around. (Which just might be the case here.)

floral frame stitchery 2

Other times, you just lose interest because your tastes have changed or the project isn’t turning out how you wanted it to.

purple flower stitchery

Since so much time and effort has been put into the project, it’s hard to know what to do with it.

red flower stitchery

So, it sits in a drawer until one day it gets pulled out for a closer look and maybe interest will take hold again and a cute little stitchery will be finished a decade or so after it was started…..

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment