Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Crochet Pillow

It seems at the beginning of every school year, our family get sick.  The germs spread like wildfire through all the school children, then get brought home and  passed along to family members at home (like mothers).  I got to spend the Labor Day weekend with a head cold.  But, there is something good that came out of laying in bed for two days….

Crochet pillow

Because I grew up in Utah, in my mind the beginning of school means cooler weather is coming soon. That’s not really the case in the Southwest. (We hit 105 yesterday. Blech.)  But, I can’t help it, I want to start wearing scarves and boots and pull out my crocheting. 

Two of my couch pillows had seen better days, so I decided to cover them with a crochet pillow case.  I grabbed a couple skeins of yarn and crocheted away!  This is the result of my first pillowcase.  For the finishing touch, I added a cute little flower for an added accent.  My yucky old pillow has gained a new life!  I still haven’t decided on a pattern for the second pillow.  If I’m still sick over the next few days, I’ll have another picture to show you.

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment