Friday, January 9, 2015

Stash building and Valentine's sewing

One of my favorite parts of vacationing in Utah (besides seeing family) is all the many wonderful quilt shops!  Whenever I get up there, I go to as many shops as possible.  (I have to make up for not having any where I live. Sad.)
This past year, I have wanted to make more scrappy quilts. So, I went on a stash building hunt.  It was great fun.  I may have gone a little overboard, but I ended up with....


So much eye candy! I just love to sit and look at all my newly acquired pretties.

As soon as the kids went back to school, I began to sew and sew.  My French style Valentine's quilt was the result.


I've also started working on my new block of the month.  I'll have a few sneak peak pictures to show soon.

Stormy


3 comments:

  1. Your town must be like mine, no good quilt shops, we have one here and thats it. I shop mostly on line now. Your new fabrics are beautiful, I love pretty colours. Your valentine quilt is gorgeous. Happy sewing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! Hopefully, I will have it quilted and ready to show off in full soon!

    ReplyDelete