Thursday, April 16, 2015

Finished Blossom Quilt

I’m so excited about my newly finished Blossom Quilt!  I pieced it together about two years ago and never quilted it because I couldn’t decide on a quilting pattern.  A few days ago, I got in the mood to finish something and there it was, patiently waiting after all this time.

Blossom Quilt - With Fabric and Thread

The wind wasn’t being very cooperative during the photo shoot and my two kiddos holding up the quilt were on tiptoe with tired arms.  But, we did manage to get a few decent pictures. 

The quilt pattern is from the book “With Fabric and Thread” by Fig Tree Quilts and is called ‘Blossom’.  It is the whole reason I bought the book.  I’ve seen a few variations of this quilt and all of them are so pretty. The pattern is simple and classic.

For the backing and binding I chose fabric from the Bonnie and Camille line ‘Marmalade’.  The greens matched perfectly and stay with the two tone theme.

Blossom Quilt

I tried out a new quilting pattern on this quilt also.  It’s a busier pattern, but I really like the contrast with the simplicity of the quilt.

Blossom Quilt Quilting

And it’s kitty approved, so we’re all happy!

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment