Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It’s Christmastime! (Didn’t you know?)

Remember the Charlie Brown cartoon when they were walking through the department store around Halloween and the store had decorations and sales for ALL the holidays.  Y’know, Halloween next to Thanksgiving next to Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter.  Crazy!  Yet, that’s how I felt when I went to Hobby Lobby a few days ago.  There was a 4th of July clearance section next to two Halloween/Fall aisles and like eight Christmas aisles.  Really!  Maybe more. I couldn’t believe it.  Is Christmas early this year?  Is there a memo I didn’t get?  Lots of people do “Christmas in July”, which can be great fun.  But, Christmas in July, August, September, October, November, December and after Christmas sales in January and February. REALLY??

Now that my rant is over, I’ll tell you what this post is really about.   Pumpkin Cookies.  Today, my daughter asked for Pumpkin cookies and I thought, “why not?  Christmas is coming up soon.  I better start doing the fall thing and make pumpkin cookies.”  So, my daughter and her friend made these delicously, yummy cookies. I thought I would snap a few pictures to tempt you (and to help you get into the fall mindset, since Christmas is apparently right around the corner). 

Punkin Cookies

They were as delicious as the looked.  Yummy!

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment