Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Short Attention Span

This must have been what it felt like to be two years old.  I can’t seem to focus on anything for more than 15 minutes at a time.  It could be that my kids have settled into summer and can’t seem to entertain themselves anymore.  It could be that I have guilt over sewing when my kids are home and the house is less than clean.  Or, (this is my favorite excuse) it could be because I have so many cute cute projects I’m working on, I can’t seem to settle on one.  Here is a brief glimpse at some of them.  Hopefully, I will be posting about some finished projects soon.

The first is a Moda Bake Shop project called Starry Eyed.  It is so stinkin’ cute.  I had been looking for a project to use my “Fresh Cotton” fabric on.  It calls for a layer cake and two charm packs.  Guess what I just happened to have?!

Pieces for Fresh Cotton Quilt

The second is a super cute, super easy retro quilt.  I picked up these fabulous fabrics while shopping at “Material Girls” in Utah a few weeks ago.  It calls for lots of appliqued dots.  I’ve never done that before. I’m a bit nervous, which is why I stopped mid project.  I’ll get back to it soon……ish..

Retro quilt top

This one is a secret, so I can’t tell you anything yet.  You will be seeing the entire finished quilt soon though.

Secret quilt top

Lastly, is this totally uninspiring photo of my “Wildflowers” quilt.  I cut it out right before my Utah holiday/fabric shopping trip and I’m having a hard time getting back to it now that I have all this new stuff to work on.  I’ve decided to leave it sitting out on my sewing table in plain view, so I will eventually feel guilty enough to get back to it.

Pieces for Wildflowers quilt

Hopefully, I will have a few productive days and will be able to show some finished products, rather than lots of works in progress.  Stay tuned……

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment