Friday, March 16, 2012

Mini Star Quilt

I was in the mood to make something little….and turquoise…. and maybe red too.  I started flipping through my quilt magazines to see if anything caught my eye.  It did!  In the June 2009 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting there is the cutest little mini quilt.  The fabrics weren’t my favorite, but the pattern was perfect.  I have been wanting to try my hand at mini quilts for quite awhile, but have never gotten around to it.  Perfect time to try. 

Mini Star Quilt Size

I think it turned out pretty cute. Unfortunately, it takes much more effort to line up those seams and not cut off star points when the squares you are sewing with are 1-1/4 inches tall! So, don’t look too close. I know in a few years, I’ll be looking back at this project and smiling at my inexperience. But for now, it’s hanging on my wall so all can see my cute mini star quilt. (Measuring only 13 inches tall.)

Mini Star Quilt Back

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment