Friday, March 23, 2012

My Mini Vacation

I had the best week!  Thanks to my super awesome sister-in-law, who babysat my kids for three days, I was able to go on a trip to Ventura, CA.  My husband travels there all the time for work, so I decided to tag along.  There were a lot of firsts on this trip.  My first sushi restaurant. I had oysters, clam, eel, and lots fish.  My first exploring on my own, which is a super big deal for me.  I drove a rental car with a GPS system and found my way to three fabric stores, the Ronald Reagan Memorial Library, Ventura Pier and Santa Barbara Pier.  I also played on the beach and shopped.  So much fun!

I walked the harbor and ate at two restaurants overlooking this:

Ventura harbour

I watched the beach turn from this:

Footsteps on the beach

Ventura pier waves

to this:

Foggy Ventura beach

I saw this:

Airforce One

Yes, that’s the retired Airforce One.  I got to walk through it head to tail!

And I shopped here…… (among many other places)

shopping

Did I mention how much fun I had??  Now, it’s back to real life again.  Sigh!

Isn’t it funny that the biggest reason I wanted to leave was to get a break from the kids, but they are what I missed most when I was gone?

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment