Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More on kids…

retro-summer-beach-picture-450x469

Since I have been in my sewing room a total of 15 minutes to check my email in the last week, I thought I’d write about kids….. again.  (Sorry, they seem to occupy every minute of my time.) Yesterday was especially crazy.  My two oldest girls were packing for girls camp.  I’m afraid I got a little (lot) impatient with them.  It took three hours to pack for four days.  Every time we went over our check list, something else had been forgotten.  But, now that my husband is on a business trip, my girls are gone and I’m left with my three youngest, things have calmed down.  I can actually think straight and this is what I have been thinking:

I love how my adorable (Well maybe not.  He just let out a not so adorable burp right as I was typing this sentence.) little boy is sitting next to me drawing sea monster pictures and talking nonstop.  He tells me how good he is at memorizing because he can close his eyes while he recites. 

I love how my twelve year old sneaked out of bed last night at 11pm to unload the dishwasher for me. 

I love how my three year old has messy choppy hair (a result from last months self hair cut) and a messy cookie face right now and is as happy as can be, because her other mommy (daughter 3) is playing so sweetly with her.

I love how daughter 3 takes such good care of her little sister.

I love how my oldest daughter shares my love of all things mystery.  She adores Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, and old detective radio shows.

What more could a mom ask for?  I’ll happily forgo sewing for awhile, so we can create some awesome summer memories with each other.

Stormy

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go to My page to get all the infomation on it.
    www.liz-crazylittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    Thank you so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It's a first for me! Unfortunately, it requires quite a bit of time to follow all the instructions that go along with it. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem, but I am running like crazy to get ready for a two week family vacation and I just can't do it right now. If I can still participate three or four weeks from now, I would love to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete