Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Block of the Month

I’m a sucker for block of the month quilts.  They are a fun way to get your creative juices flowing every month.  Especially, if you don’t have much time to quilt.  So, when I saw that the folks over at Riley Blake are starting a mystery block of the month, I had to get started!  Since, we don’t get to see the finished quilt, the hardest part for me is choosing the fabric.  I pick my fabric based on the style of the finished quilt.  Modern quilts get more modern looking fabric and classic style quilts get softer fabrics (usually floral).

So, as I was going through my stash, I came across a stack of red, green, and white Christmasy fabric I had bought years ago.  Perfect! This block of the month only has nine blocks in it, so it will be done in September just in time for Christmas.

Here is a look at my version of the January block, the Chevron block.

Riley Black mystery block of the month

The polka dots got a little jumbled when cut into small triangles, but I think when it gets put together with the rest of the quilt, it’ll look great.  (Next time I’ll be a little more careful when I piece them together so I don’t have polka dots cut in half facing each other.)

If you have never done a block of the month, you should give it a try.  They are great fun!

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment