Thursday, January 10, 2013

Postage Stamp Mug Rug

I have an entire collection of miscellaneous fat quarters I have bought over the years that I thought were cute, but didn’t know what to do with them.  I have also recently learned the joy of making a one day project.  (I tend to make mostly quilts.)  One of these ‘One Day Projects’, are Mug Rugs.  They are mini quilts you can start and finish in one day, and you get to enjoy your cute fat quarters or scraps you didn’t know what to do with. 

I made this mug rug as part of a Christmas present for my sister.  I used leftover scraps from my Star Sampler Quilt.  I liked it so much, I had a hard time giving it away!

Riley Blake Seaside Fabric

The squares are one inch and the finished Mug Rug is about 14 inches.  Cute eh?

Postage Stamp Mug Rug

I love all the teeny tiny squares!

Stormy

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love it! I agree. I love instant gratification projects. Going to have to do this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh does her sister love it! Thanks Shanny!

    ReplyDelete