Monday, February 4, 2013

Ruffle Curtains

A few weeks ago I was browsing Pinterest, and came across a tutorial for the cutest ruffle curtains.  I didn’t even know I wanted new curtains!  So, I dropped every project I was working on and started sewing, lots and lots of sewing.  It took a week and  21 yards of fabric, but I think they are worth it.  I finished the last panel today. Yeah!  I still haven’t made the tie backs, but I was so excited, I had to post a few pictures.

Ruffle Curtains

The curtains in the tutorial are just under 7ft. long, but I made mine 9 ft. long because my ceiling is so high, I have to decorate with large objects and tall curtains.

Ruffle Curtains Tall Room

See, I told you!  How in the world do you decorate a wall that is 21 feet high??  (Just to give you an idea, the bookshelf in the corner is 7 feet tall.  Everything I put in this room looks tiny!) 

I tried to find a pictures of the window toppers I had there before, but couldn’t find any. It’s just as well, they were a black floral and cut the room in half.  I was hoping they would bring down the height of the ceiling, but it didn’t work.  We’ve lived in this house for 3 1/2 years and I think I have finally gotten it right.  Now, instead of cringing when I walk through the room, I smile big.

Stormy

1 comment: