Thursday, December 20, 2012

Broken 9 patch quilt

One quilt down and one to go!  I’m running out of time too.  Luckily, the next one is small. Anyway, I have named this quilt “Broken 9 Patch”.  Unoriginal I know, but I don’t have the time to be imaginative this close to Christmas.  I designed this pattern and at some point will post the instructions.  But for now, it’ll make a great Christmas present.  (I decided to give another one away.)  It is made from the line “Pure” by Sweetwater. (Also, a slightly older fabric line.)

Pure quilt

Pure Sweetwater quilt

The lighting outside wasn’t the greatest, but it was afternoon lighting or nothing.

pure quilt border and binding

The binding, backing, and sashing are Hobby Lobby fabrics (because that’s the only fabric store I have here).  I really like how it turned out.

Broken 9 patch rolled

Sigh.  Will it always be this hard to give away quilts?

But now, I must make labels, frogs and a mug rug.  I’ll show ya later.  Gotta run….

Stormy

1 comment: