Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Vintage Rose Quilt

Christmas is getting closer and I’m sewing constantly.  But, what better way to spend your time?  I’ve decided to make a quilt for a family member every year for Christmas.  This year, I decided to make one for my husband’s dad and step-mom.  I LOVE how it turned out!  It is made from the fabric line “Vintage Rose” by Nancy Odom that I bought years ago.  I used the pattern “Family Tradition” from the November/December 2012 McCall’s Quilting Magazine.  I thought it was appropriate!

Checkerboard Quilt

It looks so pretty framed by the fall leaves.

Family Tradition Quilt

At first, I was worried about putting on such a dark binding, but now I love the contrast.  It frames the quilt beautifully.

Family Tradition Quilt

I also love how the green floral on the back contrasts with all the solid cream on the front.

Vintage Rose Quilt Close

Oh, and one more love…. checkerboard quilts. 

I may need to make another one of these for me…

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. This one may be one of my favorites of all time. Holy cute! Love the white background.....gotta make me one of these!

    ReplyDelete