Friday, June 24, 2011

I can’t seem to stop quilting

After quilting four quilts in a row, I thought for sure I would stop and piece another top.  But no, I can’t help myself.  I am on a roll!  We just put our two year old in a “big girl bed” (twin)  and I didn’t have a cute pink quilt the right size.  So, I looked at my stack of unquilted tops (which is getting smaller and smaller) and I found two that would work out great.  The first is yellow with little pink, white and green buttons.  It was the first real quilt I pieced about eight years ago and never quilted.  I know, sad.  The second was this great Log Cabin quilt made from the “Darla” line.  I threw it together when I was pregnant with my now adorable two year old.  It was never finished because first, it’s me, and second, I had baby number five.  I just couldn’t.  So, it is fitting that I finally finish it for my cutie patootie’s bed.  She loves it and has spent two entire nights in her own bed. Hallelujah

Darla Log Cabin Quilt

I used the “Charming Log Cabin” quilt pattern, but it’s a bit different.  I messed up when buying the fabric, and bought the wrong yardage for the wrong strip. So, I  had to rearrange a bit.  The top and bottom are supposed to be scalloped too, but I forgot to set aside my binding and used it for a skirt.  Oops!  Luckily, I had enough backing leftover to use as a straight cut binding instead of a bias cut.  I’ll have to tackle scallops on a later project.  Even with all that, my daughter loves it and I think it’s pretty cute too.

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. Darling! Love it! Too funny that you used the binding for a skirt! I'll bet the skirt is darn cute though!

    ReplyDelete