Friday, May 18, 2012

Daisy Buttons

I finished another UFO this morning.  Hooray!  Hooray!  I believe this was the oldest UFO I had.  I’m not even sure when I bought it.  I just remember pushing around one of my daughters (not sure which one) in her stroller through Joann’s (before I knew about the difference in fabric quality) and cringing at the price of all that fabric.  Yes, this was my very first quilting project!!  I saw the free pattern in a flyer, loved it and went to the store to buy everything I needed to make the adorable quilt in the picture.  Little did I know how long it would take me!  Originally, I thought I bought it to make for daughter  three, but yesterday I pulled out the project sheet and the date on it was 2001!  Ahem…. before she was born.  Oh well, if it weren’t for my snooping daughters poking around in my sewing room asking for things these UFO’s would never get done.  So daughter three, here’s to you (and for you) for bugging and nagging me long enough to finish this long time in coming quilt!  Daisy Buttons…….

Daisy Buttons Quilt

One of my favorite things about this quilt is the pink backing.  I love how it stands out against the mostly yellow top.

Daisy Buttons Quilt Full

Daisy Buttons Quilt Rolled

I’m also a big big BIG fan of striped binding.

I think this may be the happiest quilt I’ve ever made.  What could be more cheery than buttons, flowers, pink and yellow?

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!Love the pattern and the colors! Inspires me to get out my UFO's!

    ReplyDelete