Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I need binding fabric

Have you ever gotten to the binding stage of the quilt and decided you don’t like the fabric you bought for the binding?  That’s exactly what has happened to me.  I’m so excited to be finishing another quilt (so I can get started on my pinwheel sampler) and I really don’t like my binding.  The lady at the quilt shop kinda talked me into it.  Now, I wish I would have held my ground.  I’m stuck here in no man’s land with no quilt shop to run to and I have two (yes two, remember this?)  quilts with no binding.  So, you be the judge.  Shall I shop online again and risk getting nonmatching fabric on top of having to wait 7-10 days, or shall I go to Hobby Lobby and buy inferior fabric that I’ve settled on because there is such a small selection.  OR, I could drive 30 minutes to Joann’s and still buy inferior fabric that I’ve settled on because there is such a small selection.  I know I should probably order online.  Sigh.  We really need an El Paso quilt shop.

Here is my sad little quilt without it’s binding..

Red and white quilt without binding

 

Stormy

1 comment:

  1. what binding do you have? Can you find any of the line? how bout using the red polkadot that you used for your background?

    ReplyDelete