Friday, March 18, 2011

Sew much to share

I’ve been away for a bit.  We took a last minute trip to Utah, which means I’ve been running constantly for a week and a half.  But while I was there, I did manage to get in a little quilt shopping time.  I teamed up with my mom and two of my sisters and hit a few of my favorite quilt shops.  Normally, I only get to go fabric shopping twice a year when we go home for Christmas and summer vacation, so this was an unexpected treat.  I have to say, I did my best to treat myself.

Sunkissed stashPosh finishing fabrics
I talked myself out of buying the Sunkissed line dozens of times. But, when my sister handed me a handful of coupons, I just couldn’t resist.  My recent success with the Postage Stamp quilt along (shown with it’s new backing) has me excited to try another similar pattern using a new love of mine, the jelly roll.  (I think the coming of spring has put me in a green mood. Can you tell?)
reproduction stash
I have made two 30’s reproduction quilts, but have given both of them to my daughters. So, this one might have to stay with me.  I found this fabulous vintage Little Red Riding Hood fabric (sorry it’s upside down) and decided it would look great with the 30’s fabric. (Thanks mom for letting me steal from your stash!) I haven’t quite figured out the pattern yet, but I know it’s going to involve a lot of fussy cuts and half square triangles.
Vintage sheet fat quartersvintage sheets stash
Last but not least, is my new found love of vintage sheets (or refashioned sheets).  My sister, Steffanie, and I are collecting old sheets to make quilts.  I found this awesome etsy store, Whimsie Dots.  She has a great sheet stash and cuts them up into fat quarters then sells them in bundles.  It has saved us lots of time and probably lots of money.  The sheets have this wonderful, soft, worn in feel that I love.  It’ll be my cuddle quilt.  I can’t wait to get started on it.

Now, I just have to finish my pesky coming home from a long road trip chores, wait until school resumes on Monday, and get my little Sammie to take a nap.  SIGH…  Don’t know if I’ll make it.

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment