Thursday, April 7, 2011

Everything is turning green!

I haven’t been doing as much sewing this week.  I have been enjoying spring though!  Here on the desert side of Texas, we get early blooming, but late greening.  Translation:  it takes forever for our grass and some of our bushes to green up.  But, it’s starting to happen!  I’m in the gardening mood and just bought a bunch of herbs to plant out back.  I’m super excited to have peppermint, lemon mint, and chocolate mint along with some cooking herbs.  Let’s all hope I can keep them alive!  (I tend to get disinterested in the great outdoors when the thermometer hits high 90’s the end of May.)  Anyhoo, for those of you who are still getting snow (crazy!!), I hope you enjoy my spring in Texas pictures.

GeraniumsCute flowers on bush
Rosebudtomato plants
Sammie mowing the lawnplum tree
My daughter is such a big help.  She is already learning how to mow the lawn!  She loves to be outside as often and as long as possible

Stormy

2 comments:

  1. Uh huh... 2-3 inches of snow last night, and snowing as I type this...

    Yup.. your spring pictures are just frustrating right now! (But are very cute!). Would be nice to send some spring from OUR area your way!

    ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green! Miss the green! Want the green...

    ReplyDelete