Friday, February 25, 2011

I Love Pinwheels

Don’t pinwheels just make you smile?  When I first started quilting, I heard of this lady who made a set a pinwheels using leftover fabric from every quilt she made.  After collecting these pinwheels for years and years, she finally had enough pinwheels to make a quilt.  It was huge!  The pinwheels were about 4 inches and the finished quilt could cover a king size bed!  It was extremely impressive.  I wish I had a picture of that amazing quilt.  Instead, I gathered up a few photos of other great pinwheel quilts for your browsing pleasure.  Hope you enjoy!

This cutie is from Moda Bake Shop.
Moda Bake Shop
This adorable pinwheel was made by Kaye Prince from Miss Print and was featured on Moda Bake Shop.  So cute!  I’m still trying to remember where I got the next picture.
busy pinwheel quilt
Sweet Jane Pinwheel Quilt
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one.  It’s Rachel’s from PSIQUILT.
psiquilt
And this is her pinwheel sampler quilt along.  It's also super cute.
PSIQUILT
I love the red and yellow in this pinwheel.  I found it here in this flickr pool.  I can’t copy it and can’t find a way to ask permission, so just click on the link to go see it.

This is just a great quilt I found on HSN.
image

Are you in the mood to make a pinwheel quilt now?  I am.  I believe I’ll start on my pinwheel sampler next. 

Stormy

2 comments:

  1. Darn cute! I love Rachel's too.. gonna have to add one of these to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love pinwheels. and nine patches...my bed spread (UFO of 3years now) has them both!

    ReplyDelete