Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Baptism Quilts

The eighth birthday is a fabulous birthday in our religion.  It is when you get baptized!  At our house, it’s also when you have extra  family members around, whom have traveled to see the event. We always have a big ‘ol birthday party!  Our kids also receive their  first set of full scriptures and a special quilt  made by mom.  My oldest three girls have all turned eight.  (My third daughter within the last  5 months.) So, I thought I would share some pictures of these quilts I have made for them. 

triangle quilt
Pinwheel Quilt
Layer cake quilt

I loved making these for my girls.  I’m excited that my next baptism quilt will be for my little boy.  I wonder what it will look like…… Anyway, my kids all love their quilts and sleep with them most nights.  My oldest daughter’s has the soft worn in feel and my third daughter’s is still a bit stiff with newness.  One day they will all be the worn old quilts my grandkids will cuddle with.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

3 comments: